The Education Experience is a tailor-made arts enrichment curriculum for students in and around Boston. Each of the A.R.T.'s partner schools enter into a season-long collaboration with the theater, during which students are provided subsidized access to A.R.T. performances in addition to the following benefits:
• Innovative workshops, led by A.R.T. teaching artists, tie curricular concepts to specific A.R.T. productions.
• A.R.T. dramaturgs, artists and staff host in-class discussions, lectures and colloquia on a variety of topics related to A.R.T. productions.
• The A.R.T. is a resource where students can engage with theater professionals, receive advising on artistic projects and consult on career pathways in the arts.
• Every production in the A.R.T. season is accompanied by a Toolkit, a free interactive study guide designed to link A.R.T. productions with classroom curricula.
The Education Experience primarily serves Grade 6-12 students in the Boston area. However, the A.R.T. offers the following benefits for students of all ages:
Student Membership/Student Rush Ticket Programs
• Discounted tickets are available for any student with an ID. Tickets can be purchased at an extremely deep discount either by purchasing a student membership, or coming on the afternoon of the performance. The theater also offers group and senior discounts to all performances throughout the season.
• Free post-show discussions are held with members of the A.R.T. artistic staff after every Saturday and Wednesday matinee throughout the season.
• A series is offered in which audiences join a moderated discussion related to the subject matter of the production prior to seeing the performance.
• Interns work with various A.R.T. departments throughout the season, gaining valuable professional experience and getting a glimpse behind the scenes of the A.R.T.
• The A.R.T. Institute, in collaboration with the Harvard University Office of Community Affairs, toured its mainstage production of The Winter’s Tale to local high schools in October of 2009. Students from the Institute are deeply involved in Education Experience activities.
For more information, or to learn how your school can be involved in the A.R.T.'s education programs, please email the A.R.T. Education Department or call 617.496.2000, extension 8834.